Dav-Tech's unique tank size capacity makes us the chromating facility of choice among leading manufacturers.
Email, call 508-485-8472 or request a quote on Chromating today!
Chromate Conversion defined
When aluminum and aluminum alloys are immersed in a controlled chromic acid bath with special additives, a chemical conversion reaction occurs at the metal's surface. This reaction produces a complex, non-crystalline, non-porous coating consisting of a thin aluminum oxide film with entrapped chromates and dichromates. The coating's corrosion resistant properties are due primarily to the chromates, specifically the hexavalent chromium.
Dav-Tech Plating's chromating baths have been formulated to achieve the optimum coating performance for a chromate finish.
Dav-Tech Chromating Properties
- All chromate is processed and tested in accordance with MIL-C-5541
- Bath formulation's chemistry controlled by MIL-C-81706
Benefits of Dav-Tech Chromating
Dav-Tech Plating's chromating services offer several benefits:
- Low-cost option for corrosion and wear protection
- A bonding agent for paint and adhesives
- A lubrication carrier
- Final finish
- Minimal electrical resistance
- No effect on critical dimensions, in most cases
Typical Applications and Planning
Dav-Tech chromate is typically used for:
- Aluminum frames and weldments for the computer and defense industries. Our chromating technology deals effectively with poor drainage and entrapped chemicals, a complex problem common to frames manufacturerd of welded tubing and pipe.
- Aluminum extrusions, tubing and structural assemblies. These can be chromated in lengths of 16 to 20 feet and cross sections of 4 to 5 feet.
- Any aluminum part that requires painting for corrosion resistance.
RoHS Compliant Chem Film
Dav-Tech offers you the option of using a chem film instead of our chromate film. The chem film meets the following directives:
• MIL-C-5541, with all the same benefits as our conventional chromate conversion coating
The environmentally friendly coating contains no hexavelent chrome.
Download our Chromate Datasheet
Learn about our Other Finishes
Chromate Conversion Coating | Chromate Conversion Coatings | Chromate Conversion Coat | Conversion Coating | Clear Chromate | Yellow Chromate